Game Faire 2044
The tournament this year, as in the past few years, will be run on a
point system. At the end of the final round, the duellist with the
most Victory Points wins. This document covers miscellaneous rules
and the point system governing this tourney.
1) All GM rulings are final.
2) This document is by no means complete. It may be appended to or
modified by the GM at any time.
3) The GM reserves the right to penalize players and/or eject them
from the game at any time due to disruptive or unsportsmanlike
4) There will be five qualifying duels. Players may compete in as
many as they wish provided that they still have money (or a used
car) and a driver. The top 6 or 8 (depending upon point spread)
duellists will compete in the final. The final will be a Div 35
duel. See the schedule for times, divisions and arena details.
5) Each player may use up to $55,000 for building vehicles to
compete in the five qualifying duels. This money carries over from
one duel to the next, so that if you compete in both the Div 25 and
Div 30 qualifying duels, you will not be allowed to compete again.
Pre-built car packs, most following a common theme, are available
for those who wish.
6) A "used" car (one you drove out of a previous qualifying duel),
may be used again in any same or lower division duel at no cost. No
repairs may be made other than refilling of ammunition, fuel, and/or
tire changes (these must be paid for). Note that this may also
qualify you for a Victory Point under condition n if the car is
7) 1 driver and 1 gunner will be provided for each duellist. Each
driver and gunner has 2 clones. If a player loses all three of his
drivers in qualifying duels, he will not be allowed to compete in
the finals. If all three gunners are lost, then the driver is on his
8) Each character (driver and gunner) received 50 skill points. Once
skill levels are assigned before your first qualifier, they are
fixed. Your driver (and gunner) keep those same skill levels
throughout the tournament. Each character must have at least 2
9) ABSOLUTELY NO TIRE SHOTS. Indirect-fire tire shots (such as mines
and spikes) are okay (and encouraged).
10) You must accept a surrender if offered. A surrender counts as a
full kill. Players surrendering are out of the duel but do not get a
Victory Point for condition e.
11) Custom car designs must be approved by the GM at least 15 min.
prior to the start of the duel. Designs must be on the sheets
provided with the game, or by the GM (no car designs on scratch
paper). If your design is rejected and you cannot make the required
changes and re-submit it by the 15 minute deadline, you will not be
allowed to compete in that duel with that vehicle.
12) "Rule Bending" car designs, even if legal, are against the
spirit of the game and will not be allowed.
13) AADA tournament approved equipment and weapons only, except for
14) Old VFRP rules are used: 15 shots, up to 3 shots per salvo, 2d
15) Spinal-mounted weapons will be permitted.
Edgar T. Lincoln and Norma Barret-Lincoln. Car Wars Tournament Rules
for Game Faire 1994. Spokane, Washington State. April 1994.
Reprinted by the Seattle
Washington Autoduel Team, April 06, 2015.