Subject: GTE's CBSS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:50:40 -0600

Mr George

Please give me a call to discuss your concern.   I can be reached at 214 853
3045.
Thank you

Pam Gosda

Harry George <[email-masked]>
02/20/2000 01:23 AM GMT

To:   John J. Murray@Andersen Consulting
cc:
Subject:  GTE's CBSS

GTE claims AC audited its Y2K process, so I'm guessing you also handle
its billing processes.  AC's web pages give you as the contact, so ....

I'm an extremely irate ex-customer of GTE's pager service.  We cancelled
the service in Jan 1999, and are now being billed for yet more fees.
Apparently (according to their Florida billing offices), they have no
knowledge of the original cancellation.   I'm guessing the billing
process was via CBSS, and that the error is either

a) a human error (in which case CBSS specifications are flawed)

b) a bug in the system (in which case CBSS implementation, and
testprocesses are flawed)

or

c) a deliberate revenue enhancement mechanism (e.g., via a random number
generator to insert low-volume "errors" in favor of the vendor) (in
which case the audit process is flawed)

Questions:

1. Did you or anyone in AC work with, audit, or participate in the
development, test, or certification of the pager billing systems?

2. Is it in fact CBSS (which is being sold the industry in part as a
tool to "mazimize revenues" on accounts which might be lost)?  If not,
do you know the name of the system, and can you tell me that name?

3. Is there any other resource I should contact in the process of
resolving these issues?

--
Harry George
[email-masked]