Various tools and game aids to help intrepid Car
Wars players and gamemasters become more efficient and effective
at planning and executing their game play. Special commentary from
our beloved president (who is also a raving lunatic) will
elucidate (or further confuse) the functions of these various
Arena Designing -
Sample Arenas - Town Arena
The Town Arena was first tested in the 1996
Club Championships. This arena celebrates mass destruction on a
large scale. Points were awarded for destroying the buildings.
It was used for the 1997 combined Club Duelling & Racing
- 36 inch x 48 inch town arena
- center buildings are 45 degree jumps
- all buildings are 6(3); 6 DP is necessary to create a breach
& only 3 breaches to destroy a building
- the elevated helicopter pad in the center is actually a pit
- lamp poles, street signs, fire hydrants, garbage cans, gas
pumps and telephone boxes are 3 DP each (only 1 breach needed to
- streets & sidewalks are normal road
- hitting curb = D3 hazard
- hitting curb at wheelchair accessible areas = D1
- rubble areas are off-road
- entering rubble areas is a D4 hazard
- when entering rubble, roll tire damage as if
hitting debris (no additional hazard)
- No dropped weapons (except paint or smoke) are allowed on the
center pit stop. If a dropped weapon counter is placed on the
pit stop, 2 points per 1/4 x 1/4" square will be penalized
against the offending player. The dropped weapon counter will be
immediately removed and opponents will not be harmed. Obstacles,
debris (not from Junkdroppers), paint and smoke are allowed in
- Exiting at or before 30 seconds will result in the loss of the
firepower & maneuver point values left on one's vehicle.
- After 30 seconds, points from building breaches and destroying
buildings will not count, the pit stop will be non-functional,
and exiting will not result in a point reduction.
- Mobility kills = 2 pts/-2 pts
- Firepower kills = 2 pts/-2 pts
- Destroy Gas Pump = 1 pt.
- Building Breach = 2 pts.
- Building Destruction = 3 pts.
- Making a Checkpoint = 0 pts.
- Finishing the Race = 0 pts.
- Mobility kills = 0 pts
- Firepower kills = 0 pts
- Destroy Street Item or Gas Pump = 0 pt.
- Building Breach = 0 pts.
- Building Destruction = 0 pts.
- Making a Checkpoint = 1 pt.
- Finishing the Race = 4 pts.
Introduction | Final Event | Resources
| Search | Sitemap | Contact
Comments or suggestions? Contact Bruce through the general
contact form in the contact section.
Copyright ©2000 Bruce Lam. All
Reprinted and revised by the Seattle
Washington Autoduel Team, January 17, 2015.
Updated January 23, 2015.
Original URL: http://avro.simplenet.com/carwars/arenas/town.html